wanderlust for work





Whether you're a small start-up or colosssal corporation, it pays to buy travel insurance to protect your employees when travelling for work.  TINZ covers professionals from financial losses occured during international and domestic business trips.

lloyds logo

24/7 emergency assitance


At TINZ your health is our number one priority. Our emergency assistance experts are just a phone call away 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

cancellation cover


Don’t lose out if you have to cancel your business trip. We offer cover for cancellation costs if you can no longer travel or have to return home early due to unforeseen events.

travel delays


Airport delays are a common frustration, especially when travelling for work. Our travel insurance provides you with compensation if you’re delayed for more than six hours.

terrorism cover


 If you’re caught up in an act of terror, we’ll pay for your flight home, cover medical costs and in some cases provide you with reimbursement for trip cancellation.

rental vehicle excess


Hiring a car for your business trip? If you have a ding we cover your rental vehicle excess giving you peace of mind on the roads.

choice of cover

choice of

Whether you’re after the bare essentials or fully comprehensive cover, TINZ offers a range of options to suit all types of travellers and budgets.

luggage cover


Rest assured with top notch cover your own luggage is covered in the event of loss or theft, whether you’re near or far from home. Phew!

flexible cover


You can add on extras after you’ve left the country. You can even extend your policy from overseas if you need to extend your trip.




Get cover for the things you love. Whether you’re an avid skier, an adrenalin junkie, a
gadget freak or a high-end holiday maker, TINZ has the extra cover you’re looking for.


There are always risks when you travel, even in your home country. Protect your New Zealand holiday with domestic travel insurance and get cover for rental car excess, luggage, personal effects, lost deposits and more.


Looking for ski insurance? Snow problem! TINZ covers a range of winter sports from skiing, snowboarding to heli-skiing & cat skiing. Simply select snow ski cover within the quote process.ski insurance

Adventure Activities

Are your travel plans packed with thrills and spills? Without proper cover, your heart-pounding adventure could leave you with a headache.adventure activities


Are you travelling with a group of employees? TINZ offers special rates that can save you significant time and money!

Specific Items

Do you have expensive items that you need on your corporate trip? You can add your tech toys, high-end cameras, or designer handbags to your policy as high value items..high value items


Don’t let a pre-existing medical condition get in the way of your business travels.  We cover 35 existing medical conditions automatically for free. You can also apply to cover additional conditions by assessment.



Get comprehensive corporate cover all year round. If you’re planning several business trips this year a frequent traveller policy can save you and your employees time and money.

frequent traveller annual multi trip annual cruise insurance

Our annual multi-trip policy covers an unlimited number of trips over a 12 month period. We give you the same level of cover as our comprehensive international plan, meaning you get full coverage for less. You can tailor your individual trip duration from 15 days up to 90 days. Please note this policy is only available for customers under the age of 64.


 business travel insurance FAQ's

Just because you're travelling for work, doesn't mean you're any less vulnerable. There are a multitude of
travel mishaps that could affect your trip. Business travel can be unexpectedly expensive - especially if you
have an accident, get sick, lose your passport, or are stuck in an airport for days on end. 
That’s why corporate travel insurance is essential for your next work away day!


  • Q. Does your frequent traveller policy cover for business trips?
  • Yes, our frequent traveller plan covers you both at work and play that’s the beauty of this policy. An annual multi-trip policy covers you for lots of little trips throughout the year, not one single trip with a duration of 12 months. Keep in mind that for each business trip you take there is a limit on the number of days that you can be away. This is known as a ‘maximum trip duration’. The best thing, you don’t need to tell us when you’re travelling or where you’re going!

  • Q. What is TINZ’s age limit?
  • Persons of any age can buy a policy, however trip limits do apply. Those under 69 years can purchase a policy for a maximum trip duration of 18 months only. Those over 70 can purchase a policy for a maximum trip duration of 6 months only. Our frequent traveller policy is only available to travellers aged 64 and under. 

  • Q. Is my work laptop or phone covered?
  • We cover to repair or replace the cost of any personal effects that are lost, stolen or accidentally damaged during your journey. This includes items such as cameras, laptops, tablets and mobile phones which belong to you, not your business.

  • Q. Is personal or legal liability covered for business trips?
  • No, we will not pay for any amount you become legally liable for if your claim arises directly or indirectly from, or is in any way connected with your employment in any business, profession, trade or occupation.

  • Q. Do you cover employees with pre-existing medical conditions?
  • Travel insurance only provides cover for emergency overseas medical events that are unforeseen. Medical conditions that were pre-existing at the time of the policy being issued are not covered, unless they are a condition that we expressly agree to cover. For further information and a see a full list of covered conditions.

  • Q: What is rental vehicle excess? 
  • Most rental cars come with standard hire car insurance included (often called basic insurance), but if your hire car is damaged or stolen, the ‘excess’ is the amount of money you have to pay the rental company upon returning the vehicle. The excess is usually around $3,000 to $5,000 for a standard vehicle. Should you have a ding in your hire car you're covered up to $6,000 for the rental vehicle excess applicable whether it was your fault or someone else’s.

  • Q. DO YOU COVER employees on work visas who are NON-RESIDENTs?
  • No, our plans are only available to New Zealand residents at this time.

  • Q. How long does it take to apply for corporate travel insurance?
  • How quickly can you talk? It only takes a few minutes. Taking out travel insurance is a very straight forward process, with only about four questions to answer unlike car or home insurance applications.

  • Q. Are family members covered in my business travel insurance policy?
  • Only those listed in your Certificate of Insurance will be covered under your policy.

  • Q. Do you cover adventure activities on corporate away days?
  • We automatically cover you for a wide range of activities while you’re away, however some activities require an additional premium. Check the full list of sports adventure activities.

  • Q. Do you cover loss of income?
  • We cover you for injury which occurs during an overseas journey which causes you to become disabled within 30 days of the injury, and as a result you cannot do your normal work and lose your income. General exclusions apply for certain trades or occupations, particularly hazardous risky activities and if you do not act in a responsible way to protect yourself. See PDS for more details.

  • Q. when am I not covered?
  • We will not cover you if your claim is recoverable by compensation under any workers compensation or transport accident laws.

  • Q. What do I do if I need to make a claim?
  • If you need to make a claim please review the ‘Make A Claim’ section of our website it will detail the steps to make a claim.