In this policy, we outline how we collect, use, disclose, hold and protect your personal information. It also deals with how you can complain about a breach of the privacy laws, how you can access the personal information we hold and how to have that information corrected.
Personal information is data that can be used to identify or contact a single person. While some interactions with us, such as getting a quote, can be made anonymously or by using a pseudonym, in order to purchase a travel insurance policy, it is necessary for us to know who you are. We require certain personal information such as your name, age, contact details, credit card details, travel destinations and in certain circumstances, health information for those covered on your policy.
How we collect personal information
There are several ways we may collect your personal information. This includes, completing forms on our website, when you speak to someone in the call centre, during conversations with our claims team, or through associated appointed third party agents such as the emergency assistance team.
For claims and medical assessments, we may collect your details from family members, groups, associations, doctors, medical staff and any other third party that has been instructed by you to deal with us. We will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent.
How we use personal information
We will only use your personal information for insurance purposes and to provide you with the best customer care that we can.
Such purposes include verifying your identity, offering you a quote, providing insurance to you, administering your policies, managing claims, and any other purpose which is stated to you at the time of collection or any purpose that you otherwise authorise. We use this data to improve your customer journey and ensure that we can deal with you quickly and efficiently. For example:
- We may email or SMS you, confirmation of your purchase of insurance, and any other messages or documents relevant to your policy.
- We will contact you by email, phone or SMS to remind you that your travel insurance quote is still pending if you have requested an insurance quote from us.
- From time to time, we will use your contact details to send you direct marketing communications including offers, updates and newsletters that are relevant to the services we provide. We always give you the option of electing not to receive these communications in the future. You can unsubscribe by notifying us and we will no longer send these communications to you.
How we share personal information
We will never sell, trade or rent your personal or health information. We will never give your information to an outside organisation, unless we need to in order to assist in arranging, issuing or managing your insurance.
We may also need to provide your personal information to the insurer, and other third parties in New Zealand and overseas when you make a claim on your policies. For example, overseas emergency assistance teams, medical and health service providers, claims handlers and investigators, cost containment providers, professional advisors, your agents and our related companies.
We may also provide your information to others, if we are required to do so by law, you consent to the disclosure or under some unusual other circumstances which the Privacy Act permits.
How we hold and protect personal information
We do our utmost to protect the privacy and security of any personal and health information we hold.
We hold your information in on our computer systems or databases, which may involve storing data on storage or computer systems provided by third party suppliers; in paper records; and/or in telephone recordings.
In some cases, your information may be archived and sent to an external data storage provider for a period of time. We use storage providers located in Australia who are regulated by the Privacy Act and the Australian Privacy Principles, as well as some storage providers located overseas.
We take security seriously and protect your personal information in the following ways:
- We use industry standard Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology which encrypts the information you enter via our website. This prevents other computers impersonating your computer and prevents third parties reading or changing your information as it travels over the internet. If you are unhappy about entering your payment information online, then you are more than welcome to call our offices on 0800 699 070 to finalise your purchase.
- Our related company offices operate secure data networks protected by industry standard firewalls and have password protection systems.
- We restrict access to Personal Information to our employees, and contracted third party providers who need to know that information in order to process it for us and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations.
- We take appropriate steps to destroy or de-identify personal information if we no longer need it for any authorised purpose and are not required by law to retain it.
Collection of computer data
Anonymous data we collect includes, your computer’s IP address, recording the time and pages you visited, the device and browser you are using. Cookies by themselves cannot be used to discover the identity of a user. Cookies may also be used to help us tailor our online ads or to deliver an advertisement to you that may be more relevant to you. You can disable cookies in your web browser but if you do so, some features on this website may not work properly. Cookies are also used to ensure against fraud, misuse.
Updating your information
Any personal information that you provide to TINZ will be collected and held by Insurance Geeks Limited. You have the right to request access to, or correction of, the information we hold about you by phoning or writing to us using the contact details outlined below.
Upon receipt of your request and enough information to allow us to identify you, we will disclose to you the personal information we hold about you. We will also correct, amend or delete any personal information that we agree is inaccurate, irrelevant, out of date or incomplete.
Complaints about breach of privacy
If you believe your privacy has been breached, or if you have concerns about how we have handled your personal information, please contact our Privacy Officer using one of the methods outlined below.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 0800 699 070
Post: Privacy Officer
Insurance Geeks Limited
Level 11, 307 Pitt Street
Sydney, NSW, 2000
We will investigate the matters raised and we will respond to you directly. If you are dissatisfied with our response, or with the way that the complaint was handled, then you should refer the matter to the Office of the Privacy Commissioner, PO Box 10-094, The Terrace Wellington 6143 or email [email protected] For more information about privacy in general, you can refer to the Privacy Commissioner's web site: