Travel insurance for fiji

Fancy a no-stress holiday with sun, surf and sea? Fiji ticks all the boxes and then some!  
Just don't forget to pack your Fiji travel insurance to keep your holiday in the hammock hassle free.

emergency assistance

24/7 Emergency 

Your health is our number one priority. Our emergency assistance experts are just a phone call away 24 hours a day, seven days a week.


cancellation cover


Don’t lose out if you have to cancel your Fiji trip. We offer cover if you can no longer travel or have to return home early due to unforeseen events.

travel delays


Delays are a common frustration when travelling. Our travel insurance provides you with compensation if you’re delayed for more than six hours.



We don’t exclude terrorism. If you’re caught up in an act of terror, we’ll pay for your flight home, cover medical costs and in some cases trip cancellation.


Riding a Motorbike
or Scooter

You’re covered on two wheels, so long as you’re wearing a helmet and the driver holds a valid licence recognised in the country you are travelling.

gadget cover


Imagine you just dropped your Digital SRL into that tropical blue lagoon. Our plans provide different levels of cover for phones, iPads, cameras and laptops.

longer cover


That’s right, we for longer. Most insurers limit their cover to twelve months, with TINZ you can get cover for up to 18 months with the ability to extend.

cruise insurance


We’re on board with you and don’t charge any extra if you’re heading on a cruise throughout the year. With TINZ, you’re covered from ship to shore.



With hundreds of surrounding islands, there is so much to explore on a Fiji holiday.
Whether it's island hopping, cruising, snorkelling, scuba diving, or parasailing, 
TINZ has the extra cover you’re looking for.


There are always risks when you travel, even in your home country. Protect your New Zealand holiday with domestic travel insurance and get cover for rental car excess, luggage, personal effects, lost deposits and more.


Looking for ski insurance? Snow problem! TINZ covers a range of winter sports from skiing, snowboarding to heli-skiing & cat skiing. Simply select snow ski cover within the quote process.ski insurance

Adventure Activities

If you feel like picking up the pace, there are plenty of adventure activities to get your wet your appetite in Fiji.  Be sure to explore our sports and activities pack.


Are you travelling with a group of friends, school or club? TINZ offers special rates that can save you significant time and money!

Specific Items

Do you have expensive items that you just can’t leave behind? You can add your tech toys and high-end cameras, or designer handbags to your policy as high value items..high value items


Don’t let a pre-existing medical condition get in the way of your holiday.  We cover 35 existing medical conditions automatically for free. You can also apply to cover additional conditions by assessment.




Longing for island living? If you’re planning several island hops his year a frequent traveller policy can save you time and money.

frequent traveller annual travel insurance frequent cruise cover

Our annual multi-trip policy covers an unlimited number of trips over a 12 month period. We give you the same level of cover as our comprehensive international plan, meaning you get full coverage for less. You can tailor your individual trip duration from 15 days up to 90 days. Please note this policy is only available for customers under the age of 64.



At TINZ, provided you were acting with reasonable caution we would cover you for any unfortunate accidents or illnesses that force you to seek emergency health care.
Read on to find out more.

  • Q. Am I covered to ride a motorbike or scooter?
  • Yes, so long as you wear a helmet (regardless of whether you are the driver or riding pillion) and hold a valid license that is recognised in Thailand. If you were to sustain an injury while riding a motorbike or scooter you’d be covered provided you abide by the above.

  • Q. Am I covered in the event of a terror attack?
  • Unlike most insurers we don’t exclude terrorism. If you’re caught up in an act of terror, we’ll pay for your flight home, cover your medical costs and in some cases, reimburse you for trip cancellation. See PDS for further details.

  • Q. Am I covered for activities and water sports?
  • At TINZ we cater to those with a taste for adventure. Many of the activities in Fiji revolve around water sports (it is an island after all!). We cover a wide range of adventure sports such as diving (max depth 30 metres), snorkelling, parasailing and jet skiing and more. Click to see what activities we cover.

  • Q. Am I covered in the event of a volcanic eruption or other natural disaster?
  • In the event that you are affected by an unforeseen natural disaster (and have bought a comprehensive policy), you would be covered for travel disruptions, additional accommodation expenses and lost deposits. However, in order to be covered you would need to have purchased a policy before news of the natural disaster hit the mainstream media.

  • Q. Am I covered for food poisoning, Malaria or Dengue fever?
  • As Fiji is a developing country there are medical risks you may be at risk of contracting.. However, you can be rest assured that all our policies cover you for unlimited medical benefits if you were to fall ill. This includes access to hospitals, ambulance, doctors and evacuation and repatriation home if required.

  • Q. How do alcohol and drugs affect my cover?
  • When it comes to alcohol we understand that for some, there’s no better way to kick off a holiday than with a poolside cocktail (or two). However, please note we may exclude any claims where excessive drugs or alcohol have been involved.

  • Q. Am I covered for pickpocketing?
  • Yes- you’re covered for muggings provided of course, you were acting with reasonable care (i.e. did not leave your belongings unattended). If you’re the victim of a pickpocket (even of the cheeky monkey variety), you’d be covered for loss, theft and damage to your luggage and personal effects. If you are robbed it’s important that you get a police report and contact us as soon as possible.

  • Q. Is my IPad, SLR camera or laptop covered?
  • Technically speaking, yes. Bear in mind the most we will pay for individual single items is $1,000, and $3,000 for personal computers, video recorders or cameras. If you are taking particularly expensive items on your holiday – make sure they are covered! Even if you’ve purchased our Comprehensive Plus plan (with a benefit amount of $25,000 for luggage and belongings), single limits apply, so you would not be covered for a single item worth $25,000.

  • Q. What is a dependant?
  • A dependant refers to your child or grandchild not in full-time employment under the age of 21 and travelling with you on your journey.

  • Q. What do you mean by ‘family’?
  • At TINZ we define ‘family’ as your spouse or partner and your dependent children or grandchildren. Your family members would need to be travelling with you at all times and must be named on your Certificate of Insurance.