The easiest way to lodge your claim is to complete our online claims form.
It only takes a few minutes.
Simply click the button above to launch TINZ's online claim form to get your claim underway.
To process your claim, we are going to need certain documents and evidence from you.
But don’t worry, we’ve kept it simple and only ask for documents that we need.
You can find the documents you require by ticking the appropriate boxes below.
Once you've reviewed your claim and completed the declaration, please click 'Submit'.
You don't have to attach all of your documents in one go. If you don't have all of the information required,
you can submit your claim and come back to it.
Tell us the scenario you're claiming for by ticking the appropriate boxes below and we'll tell you what documents are required.
You were injured or ill overseas and have medical & hospital expenses to be reimbursed
Your trip was cancelled due to a natural disaster, medical event or family emergency
You have additional accommodation or travel expenses due to re-arranging your trip
You have lost, damaged or stolen luggage & personal effects (including phones, laptops)
The hire car accident you were involved in required an excess payment
You are claiming for another reason
1. Receipts and proof of payment for each expense you are claiming.
1. Medical report from your Doctor in the country where the event occurred.
2. Discharge summary (if you were hospitalised).
1. Contact your travel provider first and ask for refund. If they decline or partially pay the claim, ask for a ‘Refund Advice Document’ and supply to us.
2. Original flight schedule/itinerary (with terms and conditions)
3. Tax invoice with the total cost of your travel and accommodation arrangements
4. Proof supporting the reason for cancellation
1. Original and amended flight itinerary including the terms and conditions/fare rules for the booking and the total cost of your travel and/or accommodation arrangements.
2. Receipts/proof of payment for the additional expenses claimed.
3. Documentation outlining the cause of your expenses (i.e. medical report, letter from airline if delayed).
1. Proof of ownership/ receipts/bank statements for each item lost, stolen or damaged.
2. Proof of loss (i.e. police report, report to hotel, airline, etc.)
3. A repair quote from a reputable provider should the item be damaged.
4. The IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity Number) of a lost, stolen, or damaged phone.
1. A police or accident report from the relevant authority.
2. Your rental vehicle agreement that states the rental vehicle excess.
3. A quote or repair invoice for the rental vehicle damage.
4. Receipt/Proof of payment for the expenses incurred relating to the damaged vehicle.
1. Upload documentation explaining/supporting the reason for the expenses incurred.
2. Receipt/Proof of payment for the expenses incurred relating to this event happening.
If you have already commenced an ONLINE CLAIM and need to upload some attachments, please select the below button. This is the fastest way to provide us with additional documentation.
All you need to do is enter your Claims Number and attach your documents.
If you have already lodged a claim via phone or email, please don't resubmit online.
You can add supporting documents to your claim by emailing [email protected]
If you require emergency medical attention overseas (not a general claims enquiry), you should notify us as soon as possible. For emergency assistance or claims under Emergency Medical Expenses Incurred Overseas, you can call +64 9888 9274 from anywhere in the world and reverse the charges.
Medical treatment overseas can be expensive to say the least. If you are admitted to hospital overseas or expect medical expenses in excess of $2,000 you should contact us as soon as possible. Depending upon the circumstances of your emergency medical treatment, we may guarantee payment directly with the hospital.
In most cases your claim will be processed within 10 business days of us receiving a complete claims form, provided that all the necessary documentation is received.
We’ll process your claim without delay if we have everything we need. We’ll let you know within 10 business days if we need further information or documents to process your claim. Don’t worry, we’ll keep you in the loop every step of the way.
The documentation required depends upon the nature of your claim. Use the tick boxes above to tell us what you're claiming for and we'll provide details on the required documentation. Some examples of the information or supporting evidence you may need to provide include:
We understand that sometimes you might not be able to provide original receipts for some items. You can still lodge a claim. We’re happy to work with you to find an alternative way for you prove ownership to substantiate your claim.
If you require emergency medical assistance you must contact us as soon as possible. If your claim is non-medical you may submit the claim while still on your trip or upon your return to New Zealand. Our travel claims consultants are available to help you no matter where you are.
If you would rather speak to us first, of coure we’re happy to help.
We have a dedicated travel claims team on hand to guide you through the claims process.
You can call us on:
0800 272 976 (within New Zealand)
(+61) 7 3164 3261 (from Overseas)
Or you can email: [email protected]