London Calling

Step one

Trip Details.

  • We are sorry!

    We are unable to provide cover for this trip. Travellers aged over 80 years and over can only purchase travel insurance for a maximum duration of 6 months.

    Please visit our partner website to purchase travel insurance for this trip.




Travel Insurance for the UK

Cor blimey, heading to Blighty? Flight delays, dodgy tums and lost luggage can muck up your trip faster than a London cabbie. Don't let a travel mishap turn your skies grey. Get travel insurance! 

emergency assistance

24/7 Emergency 

Your health is our number one priority. Our emergency assistance experts are just a phone call away 24 hours a day, seven days a week.


cancellation cover


Don’t lose out if you have to cancel your trip. We offer cover if you can no longer travel or have to return home early due to a range of unforeseen events.

travel delays


Delays are common source of frustration when travelling. Thankfully, we provide you with compensation if you’re delayed for more than six hours.

terrorism cover


We don’t exclude terrorism. If you’re caught up in an act of terror, we’ll pay for your flight home, cover medical costs and in some cases trip cancellation.


Riding a motorbike
or scooter

You’re covered on two wheels, so long as you’re wearing a helmet and the driver holds a valid licence recognised in the country you are travelling.

gadget cover


No doubt you'd be gutted to lose your brand new gadget. Luckily our plans provide different levels of cover for phones, iPads, cameras and laptops.

longer cover


That’s right, we for go for longer. Most insurers limit their cover to twelve months, with TINZ you can get cover for up to 18 months with the ability to extend.

cruise insurance


We’re on board with you and don’t charge any extra if you’re heading on a cruise throughout the year. With TINZ, you’re covered from ship to shore.

UK traveller's guide

Want to spend 24-hours on a plane? Then you want to head to the UK. Here's the lowdown on old London town
(and the rest of your British stay).

thailand travel insurance best

India Visa New Zealand  VISAS

New Zealand passport holders can visit the UK for up to 6 months (or 3 months if you enter via the Republic of Ireland) without a visa, provided that:

- you do not work during your stay
- you do not register a marriage or civil partnership in the UK
- you can present evidence of sufficient money fund your stay
- you intend to leave the UK after your stay, and have sufficient funds to do so    

Best Time to Visit India  BEST TIME TO VISIT

The UK is actually many places with distinctly different cultures - England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland - but the weather tends to be similar regardless of where you are. December tends to have the least sunlight hours (less than 7 hours in northern Scotland) than any other time of year. It tends to snow and you can be sure that Christmas lights will be everywhere. If you're looking for warmer weather, May through June is a good time to go - Wimbledon, the Royal Ascot and the Royal Regatta, and Glastonbury Festival are all at during this time. If you're okay with the peak tourist crowds, July through August are the warmest and driest, the world-famous Edinburgh Fringe Festival of comedy and theatre is without question the highlight.

India Travel Tips  NEED TO KNOW TIPS

Brexit means that the UK may not longer be a part of the European Union by the time you arrive. Be prepared for delays and possible shortages, but the UK Government has suggested it will do what they can to reduce inconvenience.

Getting Around India  GETTING AROUND

The UK is even smaller than New Zealand, and is very well connected by rail. The National Rail system has over 2,600 stations. Generally you can have tickets sent to you by eTicket. Train coaches come in standard or first class - if you choose the latter, you'll get more space, a newspaper, and a free drink. Most trains also have air conditioning and Wi-Fi. Commuter times can also be peak times, so if you can wait til the middle of the day, your experience of the trains can be much better. If you're under 30, a Young Person's Railcard can help you save money. 

Most buses operate on a pay-as-you-board system, except for those in London, and you can catch a tram in Manchester, Birmingham, Sheffield or Blackpool. 

According to the United Kingdom Tea Council, 96 percent of tea is consumed in the form of tea bags (an American invention), 98 percent of people take milk, and 45 percent take sugar. Residents of the United Kingdom each consume 2.3 kilos of tea per year to Americans' 0.2 kilos.

  - Erin Moore, Author

What to Eat India  WHAT TO EAT

All popular English food is designed to warm the heart and insulate the soul. Think takeaway fish and chips, a pub roast dinner, or bangers and mash. For a decidedly Scottish take on Indian food, a chicken tikka masala (which was allegedly invented in Glasgow by an Indian-Scottish chef) is one of the UK's most popular dishes. 

Where to Go India  WHERE TO GO

There's the classics - Big Ben, Buckingham Palace, The Tower of London, Stonehenge, Edinburgh Castle, St David's Cathedral, and the Scottish Highlands. 

For film and TV fans, why not visit the Warner Bros. Studio Tour for the full Harry Potter experience? Or check out Castle Ward in Strangford, Northern Ireland to be King in the North in Game of Thrones' Winterfell. And go see the Edinburgh Fringe Festival in August, one of the world's largest comedy and theatre festivals - you'll spot many famous faces on tour.

Looking for somewhere more unusual to tell your friends back home about? The Ilford Animal Cemetery in England is the last home of some 3,000 family pets and military animals. Nearby in Walthamstow is the kaleidoscopic electric maze of God's Own Junkyard, a warehouse gallery dedicated to neon signs. Want to see a Banksy up close? Head to Rivington St in London for his 'Designated Graffiti Area'. 

India Travel  NEXT STOP!

Planning on heading elsewhere on your trip? Whether you're saying 'Hey!' to the USA, or you're chilling in China, TINZ has you covered.



Get cover for the things you love. Whether you’re an avid skier, an adrenalin junkie, a
gadget freak or a high-end holiday maker, TINZ has the extra cover you’re looking for.


If the UK is too far and you're rather stay closer to home, consider a TINZ domestic policy - it includes all the cancellation, luggage and public liability benefits you'd expect, as well as $6,000 worth of rental vehicle excess cover.


Our ski cover add-on lets you participate in a wide range of winter sports, from skiing through to sledding.


Don't let your heart-pounding adventure could leave you with a headache - get the adventure sports add-on if you're doing something wild this holidays.adventure activities


Booking with friends or family? We automatically apply discounts for groups.


Camera? Check. Phone? Check. Go Pro? Check. They're all covered for theft or loss under TINZ policies.


Have a common condition like high blood pressure or high cholesterol? We automatically cover 35 conditions provided you meet our criteria. Have something more complicated? You can answer a few questions about your condition and we'll let you know immediately if we can cover you.



Pining for Pimms and poms? If you’re planning several trips to the UK this year a frequent traveller policy can save you time and money.

annual travel insurance frequent traveller cruise frequent traveller

Travellers under the age of 64 can leave New Zealand as many times as they like in a year, for trips of less than 15, and up to 90 days at a time.



We don’t like to think of holidays as risk-taking ventures, but the truth is, new (slightly chillier) environments and unfamiliar territory can throw any traveller for a loop. Make sure you pack travel insurance along for your UK adventure.

  • Q: Do I need medical cover while I’m in the UK?
  • New Zealand and the United Kingdom share reciprocal healthcare agreements meaning you will have access to government medical facilities and care while travelling in the UK. However, this would not cover any additional accommodation costs, flights for family members or medical repatriation to New Zealand. TINZ can help to cover these costs should the worst-case scenario occur.

  • Q. Am I covered in the event of a terror attack?
  • Unlike most insurers we don’t exclude terrorism. If you’re caught up in an act of terror, we’ll pay for your flight home, cover your medical costs and in some cases, reimburse you for trip cancellation. See Policy Document for further details.

  • Q. What is the cover limit on rental vehicle excess?
  • Although hiring a rental vehicle affords you plenty of freedom on your travels, there’s always the possibility that you may damage your hire car. TINZ includes a $6,000 rental vehicle excess cover as standard on our Comprehensive and Comprehensive Plus plans, saving you on exorbitant insurance excess fees when you hire a car.

  • Q. Am I covered in the event of natural disaster?
  • In the event that you are affected by an unforeseen natural disaster (and have bought a comprehensive policy), you would be covered for travel disruptions, additional accommodation expenses and lost deposits. However, in order to be covered you would need to have purchased a policy before news of the natural disaster hit the mainstream media.

  • Q. How do alcohol and drugs affect my cover?
  • When it comes to alcohol we understand that for some, there’s no better way to kick off a holiday than with a poolside cocktail (or two). However, please note we may exclude any claims where excessive drugs or alcohol have been involved.

  • Q. Am I covered for pickpocketing?
  • Yes- you’re covered for muggings provided of course, you were acting with reasonable care (i.e. did not leave your belongings unattended). If you’re the victim of a pickpocket you’d be covered for loss, theft and damage to your luggage and personal effects. If you are robbed it’s important that you get a police report and contact us as soon as possible.

  • Q. Are my IPad, SLR camera or laptop covered?
  • Bear in mind the most we will pay for individual single items is $1,000, and $3,000 for personal computers, video recorders or cameras. If you are taking particularly expensive items on your holiday – make sure they are covered! Even if you’ve purchased our Comprehensive Plus plan (with a benefit amount of $25,000 for luggage and belongings), you would not be covered for a single item worth $25,000.

  • Q. What is a dependant?
  • A dependant refers to your child or grandchild not in full-time employment under the age of 19 and travelling with you on your journey.